MACA (CERTIFIED ORGANIC)
INCI: Lepidium mayenii
- Maca is considered an adaptogen, which means that it supports the body to heal and balance itself
- Found to have beneficial effects in controlling symptoms of Peri menopause and post menopause
- Helps with hormonal acne
- Promotes a healthy and radiant complexion and enhances the firmness of skin and boost its inherent protective abilities
- Enhances keratinocyte production, which increases collagen synthesis. This makes the skin, firm, supple and smooth
- In our products as an INFUSION in Virgin Organic Sunflower oil, and as a POWDER
MAGNESIUM STEARATE (Non GMO, Plant derived)
INCI: Magnesium Stearate
It is magnesium salt of stearic acid.
- Used commonly in cosmetics to provide adhesion (makes the make up last longer)
- Absorbs excess oil from the skin surface
MALLOW BLUE FLOWERS (WILDCRAFTED)
INCI: Malva syvestris
- Mallow has the ability to soothe dry, rough skin
- Forms a soothing protective layer that moisturises the skin
- Softens, conditions and strengthens hair
MANGO BUTTER (CERTIFIED ORGANIC)
INCI: Mangifera Indica
Mango butter is extracted from the shelled fruit kernel of the mango tree, which is a tropical evergreen.
- This butter is highly emollient, softening and soothing to the skin
- Has protective effects against UV radiation and also helps treat skin rash, eczema, insect bites, and poison ivy
- Can help protect and heal skin from the damage caused by sunburn and frostbite
- While mango butter is excellent for skin, it is often mixed with other ingredients because it is much harder than Shea butter
Mango butter can be used to soften, heal and regenerate skin tissue. It’s been used to protect and moisturise skin, keeping it more flexible for easy movement. Mango butter also has natural deflective properties against ultraviolet sunlight rays.
MANUKA ESSENTIAL OIL
INCI: Leptospermum scoparium
Manuka oil is steam distilled from leaves and twigs. It has a spicy, herbaceous, fresh aroma.
- Found to have anti fungal and antibacterial properties. Helps to relieve athlete’s foot and there fungal conditions
- It’s anti inflammatory properties help to treat joint stiffness/pain and muscle aches
- Repels insects and relieves symptoms of bites and stings
- Soothes and calms the mind
- Heals damaged and scarred skin. It promotes cell regeneration also prevents infections
- Provides allergy and dandruff relief
MANUKA HONEY POWDER
INCI: Leptospermum scoparium mel
Origin: New Zealand
Manuka honey is produced by bees who pollinate the Manuka bush. Manuka honey is known for its anti bacterial properties.
- Manuka honey has a compound called dihydroxyacetone. This results in the nectar having Methylglyoxal (MG). MG and hydrogen peroxide are responsible for Manuka Honey’s anti bacterial and antiseptic properties
- Also has high levels of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals like copper, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc and sodium
- Helps in healing acne, burns, eczema, scars
- Retains moisture and helps in combating dryness, redness and soothes the skin
- Anti-ageing as it has been found to increase collagen production in the skin
Manuka Honey has the Unique Manuka Factor (UMF). UMF is the strength or bioactivity levels of the honey. It is in direct relation to the amount of methylglyoxal it contains. It is indicated by number between 5 and 25.
UMF 5-9 : Low activity
UMF 10-15: Moderate activity
UMF 16+ : High activity
MAQUI BERRY (CERTIFIED ORGANIC)
INCI: Aristotelia chilensis
Maqui berry contains the highest level of antioxidants amongst all fruits with an ORAC* Score of 27,600 per 100mg compared to Acai’s 16,700.
- An excellent source of Vitamin C, calcium, Potassium, Iron
- the antioxidants and phytochemical in Maqui berry neutralise free radicals that damage DNA, reducing cell damage which promotes healthy younger looking skin
- Has anti inflammatory properties
*ORAC Score: ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity. It’s a test the quantify the “total antioxidant capacity” of a food.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT (CERTIFIED ORGANIC)
INCI: Althea officinalis
- Soothes and heals the skin and suitable for sensitive skin too.
- Rich in mucilage, polysaccharides that form a gel like structure when moistened. This helps retain moisture
- Useful in skin conditions like rosacea, dry skin conditions (eg.eczema)
- Evens out skin tones, soothes redness, heals the skin and smooths out fine lines
- Excellent anti inflammatory agent
- In our products as an INFUSION in Virgin Organic Sunflower oil, as an EXTRACT in Glycerin , and as a POWDER
MARJORAM ESSENTIAL OIL (CERTIFIED ORGANIC)
INCI: Origanum majorana L.
Marjoram il is steam distilled from leaves and flowering tops. It is warm, spicy and aromatic.
- Marjoram oil reduces pain associated with colds, fevers, and inflammation
- Potent antispasmodic an helps reduce menstrual cramps, spasmodic cough and muscle cramps. It also helps regularise menstruation.
- Protects wound against infections
- Helps in reducing indigestion, nausea, vomiting and flatulence
- It has a calming, relaxing and sedative effect on the mind and body
MARULA OIL (VIRGIN, CERTIFIED ORGANIC)
INCI: Sclerocarya birrea
Origin: South Africa
- A potent free radical scavenger, Marula oil is excellent for preventing environmental damage to skin.
- It is rich is essential fatty acids, flavonoids, Vitamins C and E
- Nourishes and moisturises dry skin providing lasting smoothness and hydration
- Reduces fine lines, soothes irritation and redness
MATCHA (CERTIFIED ORGANIC)
INCI: Camellia sinensis
Matcha is pulverised raw green tea, made from the entire leaf.
- It is rich source of catechins, a type of polyphenols, making it a powerful antioxidant.The catching scavenge free radicals and fights the signs of ageing
- Protects the skin from strong weather conditions. It also fights against inflammations and acne and imparts smooth, toned and glowing skin
- Rich in vitamins A and C, calcium, protein, iron and potassium
MEDITERRANEAN CLAY DUSKY ROSE
- A kaolin clay with high sodium and potassium contents.
- Soothes the skin
- Best suited to oily skin, acne prone skin
MELISSA / LEMON BALM ESSENTIAL OIL
INCI: Melissa officinalis
Lemon balm oil is team distilled from leaves and flowering tops. It has a fresh, sweet and citrusy aroma.
- Known for it soothing and calming properties
- Boosts mood and has antidepressant, hypnotic and sedative properties
- Has antiviral properties and helps to treat cold sores
- Helps treat eczema, acne and minor wounds
- Relieves inflammation and helps reduce pain and swelling
MENTHOL CRYSTALS (CERTIFIED ORGANIC)
INCI: L- Menthol Crystals
Menthol is an organic compound , made synthetically or derived from mint oils.
- It has analgesic properties and relieves minor pain associated with inflammatory conditions
- It also has a cooling effect
- provides temporary relief from nasal congestion
MESQUITE POWDER (CERTIFIED ORGANIC)
INCI: Prosopis glandulosa
Mesquite powder is made from the sees of the mesquite tree. It is native to South America and Southwestern United States.
- It is high is protein, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, calcium and potassium
- A great source of Zinc which strengthens our skin and the immune system
- Mesquite trees help maintaining the integrity of the soil and also helps sustain communities. It is very durable and easy to grow and keeps regions from going to desertification
Ingredients: Mica (12001-26-2), Iron Oxide (1309-37-1), Titanium Dioxide (13463-67-7)
Mica is a naturally occurring group of minerals that are physically and chemically similar. They are all silicate minerals known as sheet silicates. They are soft and light. They are 37 different mica minerals.
Mica used in the cosmetic industry are skin safe and may have added Titanium dioxide/ Iron oxides to achieve a wide range of colours.
INCI: Cocos nucifera and Gardenia tahitensis
Monoi oil is made by steeping native tahitian gardenias (tiare flowers) in Coconut oil.
- Rich in essential fatty acids, Vitamin E and antioxidants
- Has anti inflammatory properties and provides relief from rashes, eczema and dry, itchy skin
- Boosts the healing process following sunburn
- Increases skin hydration and protects the skin
(VIRGIN) MORINGA OIL
INCI: Moringa oleifera
- Known as the Miracle plant, Moringa has numerous benefits when taken internally or applied topically.
- Rich in B Vitamins and Vitamin C
- Has strong antioxidant properties and helps reverse the signs of ageing.
- Reduces inflammation and has anti-microbial properties making it excellent for acne prone skin
- It is light and very easily absorbed
MOROCCAN LAVA CLAY/ GHASSOUL/ RHASSOUL CLAY
INCI: Moroccan lava Clay
Ghassoul comes from the Arabic word “ Ghassala” meaning “to wash”.
- Luxuriant superfine nutrient rich clay. It is rich in minerals
- Used for its cleansing, nourishing, exfoliating and rejuvenating properties.
- Deodorising and drawing
- Gentle and softening even for sensitive skin
INCI: Astrocaryum murumuru
- Murumuru butter’s unique combination of essential fatty acids and Pro vitamin A restores elasticity to ageing and damaged skin
- Soothes irritated skin
- Provides relief in conditions like eczema and psoriasis
- Has superior emollient properties
- Promotes moisture retention and restores softness, elasticity and sheen on skin and hair
MYRRH ESSENTIAL OIL
INCI: Commiphora myrrha
Myrrh oil is steam distilled from the resin. It has a balsamic, warm and spicy aroma.
- It is a potent antioxidant and fights skin damage
- Used to treat wounds for its antibacterial and anti fungal benefits
- Helps soothe chapped skin. It has moisturising properties that prevent ageing and maintain healthy skin
- Has a relaxing and calming effect